Our Flying Field
Check the Map to see where our flying field is located.
Every aircraft must be noise tested to not exceed the standard 96 DbA at full throttle before they are allowed to fly. Any aircraft above this level will not be permitted to fly until it has been modified to meet this level and certified.
This applies as follows:
- On every new plane
- On any plane that has had any engine/silencer or prop modifications
- On any plane that has been identified as a problem prior to it flying at the site again
Here are the full details about the flying times and conditions of use for our field.
|Monday to Friday||7:00am to 5:00pm||from 6.00AM|
|Saturday||8:00am to 5:00pm||from 6.00 AM|
|Sunday||9:00am to 5:00pm||from 6.00 AM|
Flying at HMFC
1. All flights must be logged in the flight log book and copies of the log forwarded to council on a regular basis. This is a condition of our lease with GCCC and is mandatory.
2. A maximum of 5 aircraft in the air at any one time.
3. All aircraft to fly within the allocated flight zone at all times.
4. Aerobatics and full power flying only to be conducted in the western side of the flying zone. NO 3D flying is allowed with any "wet" engine powered model
The above conditions are mandatory and apply to all members and all types of aircraft. Failure to abide by these conditions may result in the loss of our flying field. For this reason any member found to be in breach of any of these conditions will have their MEMBERSHIP TERMINATED.
Any member that has NOT PAID their renewal by June 30th is uninsured and therefore NOT ALLOWED to fly until they have paid.